Here, the right skincare routine and nutrients play an important role. And the one powerhouse ingredient you need for brighter and better-looking skin is Vitamin C. From brightening to healing, Vitamin C is an essential beauty ingredient for skin. We got in touch with Dr.Chiranjiv Chhabra, Director and Consultant Dermatologist at Skin Alive Clinic to highlight skincare benefits of this vitamin:
Why your skin needs Vitamin C:
- Vitamin C infused in skincare products protects skin from sun damage and harmful rays. This ingredient also helps to smoothen out dark spots for a clearer skin.
- It helps to boost collagen production, which helps to hold the skin together, making it tighter and brighter.
- This ingredient also rejuvenates skin, keeping dryness at bay and improving skin’s clarity and glow.
How to get Vitamin C:
- This vitamin can be included by various fruits like oranges, grapefruits, and lemons to name a few. A medium sized orange has about 70mg of Vitamin C, which is one of the popular sources.
- Apart from this many Vitamin C skincare products like serums, cream, lotions work great for topical use. It is best to consult a dermatologist for the right dosage.
- You can also look for facial therapies which infuse Vitamin C for skin lightening and brightening, recommends Dr Chhabra.