Winter is on its way out, but its effects on your hair might be lingering. Wet and blustery days, indoor heat and other cold weather culprits can result in a slew of hair concerns. From brittle locks and dull color to flaky scalp and frizz, it’s time to take stock of your current hair needs and initiate steps to repairing and reviving your hairstyle for spring. Get the help you need with this guide to restorative treatments and nourishing formulas to get your hair back on track and healthier than ever.
Hydrating oils and serums
Discouraged by limp hair, split ends and dry, flaky scalp as you remove your winter hats and give your blow dryer a rest? Start off spring with shiny, lustrous locks by restoring moisture balance with nourishing oils. Fortunately, there are plenty of options for your hair care routine. InStyleexplains that “hair oil works wonders at restoring moisture and shine to winter-beaten strands after a hot shower, but the nourishing qualities aren’t restricted to your post-shampoo regime.” Try these versatile treatments that deliver much-needed hydration while repairing and restoring shine.
- Philip B Rejuvenating Oil is formulated with botanical essential oils and moisturizing, therapeutic oils like sweet almond and jojoba oils to deliver intensive treatment to dry winter scalps.
- Liquid Keratin Infused Deep Conditioning Oil with Argan is a leave-in oil treatment ideal for daily use. Combining strand-strengthening keratin with antioxidant-rich vitamins, argan and baobab oils, this conditioning oil is a panacea for damaged, broken, frizzy and brittle hair.
- Phyto Phytokeratine Repairing Serum for Damaged Lengths and Ends goes the distance for tattered, split ends and coarse texture. You’ll recapture the feeling of a fresh haircut with this lightweight treatment that delivers shiny, silky results.
- Phyto Huile D Ales Intense Hydrating Oil Treatment is 100% natural and provides instant protection against dryness and environmental stressors, effectively smoothing split ends and restoring hair’s brilliance. Plus, “you can even apply it to the scalp and hair before colouring or highlighting to protect against damage or irritation,” raves the UK’s Independent.
- Phyto Huile Supreme Rich Smoothing Oil helps tame thick, wayward hair sapped by dry winter weather. This 99% natural formula defines curls and smoothes out frizz with just a few drops.
Intensive leave-in treatments
Say good riddance to winter hair woes with deep conditioners, night treatments and sprays that give your locks the pampering they need to come back to life. Particularly if your scalp is suffering after a long season of dry air, wool hats and indoor heating, reach for a rich cream or reparative treatment that can soothe and heal, making way for healthy hair from roots to tips.
- Alterna Caviar CC Cream is an all-in-one formula for anyone who wants beautifully polished hair without a lot of time and effort. From softness and moisture to UV protection and anti-breakage, this cream delivers a bevy of benefits to winter-damaged hair.
- Rene Furterer Astera Soothing Freshness Fluid calms itchy scalps, healing inflammation and soothing irritation thanks to ingredients like Echinacea, eucalyptus and spearmint. Massage into dry scalp before shampooing and leave on for 5-10 minutes for instant renewal.
- Rene Furterer Fioravanti No Rinse Detangling Spray helps revive radiance using plant-based ingredients. Just spray and comb through – no rinsing required.
- Phyto Phytospecific Ultra-Repair Night Treatment does the work for you while you sleep. Apply to clean hair daily before you go to bed, and wake up with healthier, shinier hair that’ll put a spring in your step.
- Keranique Amplifying Lift And Repair Treatment Spray is a go-to treatment for all seasons, but this reparative formula is especially vital in the transition between winter and spring. Use this convenient styling spray to protect against heat styling, boost volume and strengthen hair with a sophisticated and innovative blend of ingredients.
- Alterna Caviar Repair RX Transformation Kit provides luxurious treatment on the go, or as a practical way to try out new formulas without the pricey commitment. Pack this four-piece collection for your spring getaway and enjoy chic, gorgeously healthy hair while you travel.
- Alterna Caviar Repair RX Split Ends Mend targets split ends leftover from a harsh winter while also preventing future breakage. The result? Smooth, frizz-free strands primed for styling.
- Philip B Light-Weight Deep Conditioning Creme Rinse – Paraben-Free Formula blends natural ingredients like African shea Butter, lavender and lemon essential oils, wheat germ and soy proteins to detangle and soften hair, eliminating frizz without adding weight.
Replenishing hair masks
Searching for long-term relief from winter’s hair wreckage? Turn to an effective and nourishing hair mask. According to NYMag’s The Cut, “Dry, winter air zaps [hair] of essential moisture, and the only way to save it (short of a tropical vacation) is to use a really good hair mask.” Give your locks some major TLC with these therapeutic formulas.
- Kerstin Florian Intensive Hair Repair delivers the moisture you need to rock fresh, unforgettable shine. After just one use, you’ll notice healthier, more flexible hair – while also protecting your locks from heat damage.
- Alterna Caviar Anti-Aging Replenishing Moisture Masque goes deep in only a few minutes. NYMag notes that the formula is “best used on thick hair that needs a light condition; for fine hair, it’ll act as a deeper treatment.”
- Frederic Fekkai PrX Reparatives 3 Minute Mask is your once-a-week indulgence to restore hair and protect against chemical and styling damage. For ultra-dry, thick or unmanageable hair, tryFrederic Fekkai Essential Shea 3 Minute Mask.
- Klorane Mask with Desert Date is a highly concentrated formula ideal for dehydrated hair, encouraging resilience while strengthening keratin. Mix up your routine and add gloss and shine with Klorane Mask with Mango Butter or Klorane Mask with Papyrus Milk.
- GLOSS Moderne High-Gloss Masque will transform your locks from dull to party-ready, leaving you looking and smelling as fresh as spring.
- Rene Furterer Carthame Gentle Hydro-Nutritive Mask bathes dry hair in nutrient-rich hazelnut oil, vitamin B5 and other moisturizing agents, ensuring maximum hydration and protection.
- Briogeo Don’t Despair Repair Deep Repair Mask revives lifeless, damaged winter hair with the help of rosehip and avocado oils, B-vitamin complex, silk and collagen – and without sulfates, silicones or parabens.
Ready for a fresh start? Take advantage of simple and easy pampering products that can transform winter damage and get your hair primed for the new season. With deep conditioning treatments and hydrating formulas in your beauty arsenal, you’ll welcome spring with a gorgeous, healthy head of hair that’s irresistibly soft and shiny.