Boost your beauty regimen
Do you ever find that your favorite beauty formulas just don’t go quite far enough when it comes to solving your most stubborn skincare challenges? That maybe, just a tiny boost might make all the difference in the world?
Well, the beauty industry agrees and has responded with a brand new addition to daily skincare: product boosters. A revolution in the skincare world, boosters are designed to work along with your existing products, providing that extra “oomph” they need to successfully treat your toughest skincare challenges – whether it’s dry, scaly skin or stubborn signs of aging. Some boosters provide extra active ingredients while others are formulated to enhance the ingredients in your other products.
Amplify your formulas
So how do you know if you need a booster? If you find that you’re happy with an existing product in your regimen, but still want to target a specific skincare issue, then a booster is for you. For example, if your skin seems extra dry during the winter months but you don’t want to change moisturizers, add a booster with skin-quenching ingredients, like hyaluronic acid, to your regimen during the cold weather season. Love your daily cleanser, but struggling with a few stubborn blemishes? Add a booster with salicylic acid to your regimen. To fade acne scars or age spots, reach for a booster with vitamin C. Just want to add extra nourishment to your complexion? Try a booster packed with antioxidants. There’s a booster for almost every skincare need, allowing you to stick with your favorite tried and true skincare formulas, while tailoring your regimen to target the changing needs and condition of your complexion.
Buying a beauty booster
When it comes to amping up your regimen with a booster, there lots of formulas to choose from. Some boosters are in powder form and designed to be applied directly to the skin, while others are meant to be mixed with your existing products, including moisturizers and cleansers.
To pick the right booster for your regimen, consider your skin type and any particular skincare challenges that are unique to your complexion. Here are top boosters to meet all of your top skincare concerns.
- Concern: Acne scars, age spots, discoloration or uneven skin tone
- Beneficial ingredients: Vitamin C
- Best booster: Philosophy Turbo Booster C Powder is a vitamin C-packed powder – easily added to any of your favorite formulas to brighten discoloration and fade scars due to acne or aging.
- Concern: Loose skin and wrinkles
- Beneficial ingredients: Resveratrol, vitamin C, peptides
- Best booster for her: Juice Beauty STEM CELLULAR Booster Serum blankets the skin with a potent blend of age-fighting ingredients, including vitamin C, resveratrol and botanical extracts to reverse the toughest signs of aging including loose skin and deep wrinkles.
- Best booster for him: Formulated just for him,Jack Black Protein Booster Skin Serum is a high-performance product that penetrates deep within pores to stimulate collagen production.
- Concern: Mild, moderate and advanced signs of aging
- Beneficial ingredients: Retinol
- Best booster: Whether you’re trying to reverse the first signs of aging or attempting to minimize the look of deep lines and wrinkles, Paula’s Choice Resist 1 Percent Retinol Booster is a powerful solution for tackling the toughest signs of aging and damage. Formulated with 1% retinol, a proven ingredient to strengthen and tighten the skin, this booster will deliver visible results for a younger-looking and healthier complexion.
- Concern: Dry skin
- Beneficial ingredients: hyaluronic acid
- Best booster: Dr. Dennis Gross Clinical Concentrate Hydration Booster delivers professional-strength ingredients to quench the most parched complexions. This complex of hyaluronic acid, watermelon extract and Centella asiatica improves the ability of skin to lock in and retain moisture, for a smoother, more supple appearance that lasts all day long.
- Concern: Dull skin
- Beneficial ingredients: Exfoliating acids
- Best booster: Brighten and boost the look of dull skin with Dr. Dennis Gross Clinical Concentrate Radiance Booster. With an exfoliating blend of acids, including pyruvic, tartaric and linoleic, this beauty booster takes skin from dull to dazzling – revealing a refreshed and more luminous complexion.
- Concern: Overall health of skin and body
- Beneficial ingredients: Antioxidants
- Best booster: Designed to infuse the body with nourishing and detoxifying ingredients, Dr. Brandt Detoxifying Antioxidant Water Booster Goji-Maquiboosts the overall health and function of body processes, including the skin. Packed with super-foods – including goji berry and maqui berry – that are loaded with antioxidants, this body booster improves the look, feel, and structure of skin for a more radiant appearance from the inside out.
- Concern: Irritated or sensitive skin
- Beneficial ingredients: Aloe, green tea, botanicals
- Best booster: If your skin is plagued by acne, rosacea, or just general irritation, B. Kamins Booster Blue Soothing Skin Concentrate provides soothing relief that relieves redness and inflammation. This calming beauty booster can be applied alone or combined with your favorite skin-soothing formulas.
- Concern: Defense against damage and aging
- Beneficial ingredients: Antioxidants, vitamin C
- Best booster: For many, arming the skin with the essential ingredients to prevent damage and aging is a crucial part of a daily regimen. Loaded with botanical extracts and antioxidants that fight off environmental aggressors, Ole Henriksen Truth Serum Collagen Booster – Bonus Size is a go-to booster for adding an extra layer of defense to your daily regimen.