Finally decided to hit the gymafter months (or years) of procrastination? While you congratulate yourself on finally taking this big step, here are some things that you need to keep in mind when you start working out at a gym for the first time…
- Exercising cannot be done while you wear just about anything, so invest a bit in your gym wardrobe. You don’t have to stick to only black colours, rather purchase some gym clothes in funky neon colours. Make sure what you wear isn’t too tight or loose.
- Exercising means you are bound to sweat, which means you need to wipe certain equipment after use. Most gyms provide abundant towels so you don’t have to worry about scrambling for one.
- While sweating is inevitable, you don’t have to dunk yourself in layers of cologne or perfume before you begin your workout. Apply just a little before your start because too much of it mixed with your sweat will make people around you gag.
- Never leave equipment lying around — not only will keeping things back in their place make other gym members happy, it will also lower chances of anyone tripping and injuring themselves.
- Don’t expect results overnight. Your body needs to get used to a workout regimen and this can only happen when you are consistent and patient. Don’t hesitate to ask for advice from trainers — they’re there to guide you so that you don’t injure yourself.