The delicate rose has so much more to it than just its beauty and fragrance. An essential component of various beauty products and regimes, its derivative, rose water, has as many benefits. A look at few of them…
1. It helps in softening the skin by hydrating, moisturising and revitalising it.
2. Its antioxidant properties helps strengthen skin cells and regenerate skin tissues. It also keeps wrinkles aside.
3. Its moisturising and nourishing properties help in enhancing one’s quality of hair. In addition to this, it helps treat dandruff and slight scalp inflammations.
4. Before Indians used medicated eye drops, it has often been used to clean and soothe one’s eyes. Also, it helps prevent and cure dark circles and puffiness around the eyes.
5. It helps in treating skin rashes caused due to the scorching heat. Spraying it helps relieve sunburns and itchy skin.
6. Adding few drops of rose water to your regular creams can be used for its moisturising properties
7. It can also be used as a cleanser to get rid of the dirt and dead skin off your face.
8. Finally, it can be used to treat acne. Mix lemon juice and rose water in equal quantities, apply it and keep it on for half an hour before finally cleaning it with water helps reduce acne. Following this regime for two to three weeks creates visible effects in reducing scars and blemishes.